Wednesday, March 14, 2012

As Addictive as Crack?? Maybe...

Tonight, I tried a recipe I found on Pinterest at a blog called Plain Chicken called "Crack Potatoes." They are SO easy to make that I was really curious how they would taste.

Basically, they have 5 ingredients. I have to admit that I made only half the recipe and I tried to lighten it up a bit. I used:

16 oz. light sour cream
1 to 1.5 c. light (2%) cheddar cheese (shredded) - I didn't measure but used a little over half the bag
1 packet powdered ranch dip
1 3-oz. package of real bacon bits
1/2 package of Ore Ida frozen shredded hash browns

Basically, you mix up the ingredients and put it in the oven. The recipe calls for 400 degrees, but I baked mine at 350 degrees because I also had a meatloaf in the oven. I covered the potatoes with foil while baking (but took off the foil for the last 10 minutes or so).

Here is how they turned out:

They were pretty good. My husband did really like them. I thought they were a bit salty, so I would recommend trying to find a low-sodium version of the ranch dip or using less bacon. I know!! Who would have thought that "less bacon" might be a good thing?  :-)

I will definitely make these again, but I am not sure they are all that they were "cracked" up to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment