Thursday, March 8, 2012

My First Wreath! Ready for Spring Now!

I have seen so many beautiful wreaths on Pinterest, and I have been wanting to make one for myself for awhile now. But, I do not like wreaths with large flowers on them, so I wanted to be choosy about what to put on mine.

A couple of weeks ago, my sister and I were shopping at Hobby Lobby and it had 50% off of silk flowers. So, I knew this was my time to plan my wreath!! I chose three different flowers. One is sort of a very light green, one is yellow, and the last is a very small flower that is pink. I bought a grapevine wreath to use as the base. I also ended up buying two different ribbons for a bow (because I could not make up my mind!).

Last Sunday night, I cut down the flowers to the sizes I wanted for the wreath. Basically that meant (at least in the case of the yellow flowers) trimming the flowers off the stems and getting rid of the leaves. Then I began planning and gluing. (Once again, I had a little ouchie from the glue gun...this time my left index finger!)

Once the wreath was done, I pulled out the two ribbons I bought to try to choose one to use for the bow. Wouldn't you know that NEITHER looked right? They had designs on off-white background and they just faded in to the wreath. So, I made a trip to Wal-Mart and found a great pink ribbon that worked well for making the bow.

Here's the final product. What do you think?



Note to self: Try taking a picture of it on your door during the daytime!!! LOL.

Okay, here is the daylight photo:


1 comment:

  1. oooh i like this wreath :) I am glad I am not the only one that battles the glue gun.... :)

    ReplyDelete