Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mexican Stuffed Shells - Yummy!

Tonight, I decided to try a recipe I pinned. It is Mexican Stuffed Shells and it can be found at The Way to His Heart.

I followed the recipe almost exactly, except I used light cream cheese and a shredded Co-Jack mix for the cheese. I also only used 12 of the giant shells.

Here is the dish once it was finished in all its cheesy deliciousness:

We also topped this with a few chopped green onions and a little bit of light sour cream.

Verdict: It was great!! It is a nice break from a traditional pasta dish. If you like tacos, I think you will really enjoy it. The best part is that you can easily alter the spiciness of this dish by adjusting the salsa and taco sauce you use. I also think you could cut back on the cheese a bit without hurting the flavor. (But when I do, I am not going to tell my hubby).

By the way, the hubby really enjoyed it too, which is good because there were plenty of leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment