Sunday, December 25, 2011

Another Holiday, Another Project...

I came across this project on Pinterest that was originally posted on Delightfully Noted. I spent a while looking at Lowe's, Menard's and Home Depot for the exact tile back splash to use. I finally found it at Home Depot. It has browns, creams, and copper. I think it is lovely.

I found the frame at Michael's for 50% off and got the small letters & numbers there as well. What took the longest for me to find was the "G." Every cut letter was a font that was boring or the wrong size. Last week, I ventured over to the craft store in Mattoon - I hadn't been there before. They had this G and it was perfect!

So, I spent the afternoon of Christmas eve getting the letters and numbers painted. I used the Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. The frame has both blacks and browns in it so this paint looks really nice with it.

I glued it all together today. I added a small embellishment on the G - I just thought it added something, but I didn't want to use a silk flower as she did on hers. Anyhow, here it is:
Here is is sitting on the mantle:
I like it a lot. A nice reminder of the big 20th anniversary coming up!

And the hubby who says he doesn't like "crafts" ???
He likes this. Score! :-)

Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

  1. It looks awesome Linda! The browns are so bold and sharp, really a conversational piece. Thanks for sharing. I love to know when one of my projects inspires another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: how do you all get the backsplash to attach to the frame?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply used the paper that came in the frame. The back was plain white, so I flipped it over and used that. I glued the backsplash to that with craft glue (that dries clear) and then glued that sheet to the cardboard the holds everything in on the back of the frame to give it some support. Sorry, I should have taken a couple of pics to show it. I suggest using strong glue because the tiles are a bit slick so the letters and numbers need something strong to hold them.

    Good luck! If you make the project, I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I love the tile you picked out. I might add this to my "To Do" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making another for my niece who is getting married this summer. Her house is done in black & white, so I have a really nice black, white, gray tile that I found. I just need to get working on it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete