Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I wanna be rich! :-)

Okay, I am just now recovering from the shock of not winning the Mega Millions lottery. And before you wonder why in the world I would play, just consider the possibility that the expected value actually crept up above $1! The odds of winning were 1 in 175 million and the jackpot reached $640 million!!

On a brighter note, I decided if I couldn't win hundreds of millions of dollars, I could at least try Million Dollar Spaghetti that I found on the blog Being Grown Up.

Truthfully, I was going to make this dish last night. But as my (bad) luck would have it, I was missing some key ingredients. So, I went to the store today to stock up.

I did change the recipe only a bit by using low-fat cream cheese, fat-free sour cream, low-fat cottage cheese, and reduced fat cheddar. It was still delicious. I think the next time I make it, I will skip the butter on the bottom layer and just use non-fat cooking spray.

Here is a picture of the finished product:


The verdict? The name says it all!! It was delicious...my hubby even had two (large) helpings! This will definitely be made again.

Maybe my luck has now turned for the better! Of course, since I likely won't be playing the lottery again anytime soon (it usually is just a tax on people who are bad at math!) , I guess I will just keep on working...


No comments:

Post a Comment