Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pretty Tasty Chicken Parmesan

I saw this post pinned on Pinterest and went to the Food Wishes blog to read the recipe. Seeing that it was more of a casserole-type dish than a traditional Chicken Parmesan dish, I chose not to repin it. Then, I kept seeing the pin pop up over and over again on other's boards. So, I played follow the leader and pinned it.

I was looking for something to make with chicken and came across this pin and so I decided to try it. I used only three large breasts so my baking dish wasn't as full as his, but I still used lots of sauce and cheese (of course!). The kicker is the garlic croutons placed between two layers of cheeses. I found some croutons made from the Texas Toast garlic bread that are delicious!!

It was so easy to put everything together. I ended up having to bake it for about 45 minutes to ensure that the chicken was fully cooked. I decided not to serve the chicken over pasta and actually cut each breast in half before serving.

The verdict: It was yummy!! The hubby even opted for a second serving. I will definitely be making this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment