Monday, December 5, 2011

Another Pinterest Recipe Success!

Last night, I put together the Crustless Sausage Quiche I found on Plain Chicken. I know what you are thinking...quiche without a crust? I decided to try it because my hubby is a diabetic. Any way we can cut carbs from a meal, we SHOULD try. (Truthfully, he probably should try more than he does!) So, I chose this quiche recipe.

I mixed up everything and just put it in the fridge. Then, when I got home from work tonight, it was ready to pop in the oven.


It was pretty good. I didn't have an 8X8 dish so I used a deep round dish. I think it was too small, so the quiche was too deep. That made it a bit uneven in baking. The flavor was good, but a bit salty. I would recommend cutting the salt by at least half, or even holding off and just adding salt after it cooks. I also used mild breakfast sausage, and now think I will try the spicy sausage next time. Still, I plan to include this on our rotation list now. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment