Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lemon Bars? Hmmm...Maybe Not.

When I was visiting family for the weekend, my sister made some lemon bars from a mix. They turned out more like lemon gummy candies on top and the crust was impossible to remove from the pan. I remembered that there was a recipe I pinned on Pinterest that claimed to use only 2 ingredients to make lemon bars (not including the powdered sugar on top!). The recipe can be found at Practically Living.

Tonight, I was at the store buying stuff for tomorrow's office Christmas party (yum!) and I decided to give these bars a try. So, I bought an angel food cake mix (Betty Crocker) and a can of lemon pie filling. I was at Wal-Mart, and the only thing the had was Lemon Creme filling. I came home, mixed it up and baked.

The result is definitely NOT a bar cookie, but they taste really good! I am thinking that the problem may lie with the lemon filling so I will try again. I also think it is important to just stir together the two ingredients by hand and not use a mixer. I will let you know how they turn out!

Meanwhile, I hope folks want some lemon cake tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment